Electroverse EV Charging

Image
My PV5 Passenger Plus is my first EV, and I'm very impressed with almost all aspects (see my other blog posts). One area that Kia haven't done well is their Kia Charge network. It's expensive and patchy. Where I live, charging points on all charging networks are bit hit and miss, so any charging subscription will force me to drive out of my way if I leave the range of my home charger (and buying a EV only really makes financial sense if you can have a home charger). The Solution So, what to do if you don't want a subscription and don't fancy the poor Kia network offering? The answer was pretty easy, Octopus Electroverse. It ticks all the boxes for me. Fantastic network coverage. No subscription or upfront costs. Exceptionally good app. Competitive pricing. Addional discount for Octopus Energy customers. Easy to get charging receipts. Easy setup. The Plunge pricing is worth mentioning. When the UK grid predicts there will be excess capacity, the Electroverse app will...

PV5 Festival Camper

Just returned from a medium size UK music festival - Beautiful Days. There are always lots of camper vans. This year however in the sea of boring VW campers sat something very different, a lone PV5!

We had at least 30 people come and ask us about the PV5. Various questions, what did we think of it, what was the range like, how much space inside, What's it like to drive. One person I spoke to had one on order, waiting for a delivery date, I answered so many potential buyers questions, i probably should have been on commission from Kia!!

Everything worked out great, we slept all weekend in ours, no problems at all. I decided to go with a battery bank to run cool box rather than fight with the somewhat problematic unattended utility mode.

The Vango Quadris Air worked great, once we figured out how to best align it to clear the sliding door (hint, align the back edge to the rear of the vehicle)

If anyone had any concerns about ground clearance, no problems here, and I saw plenty of VWs that were lower than the PV5!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping with the PV5

Immense Boot Space

PV5 Production Line (Video)